Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11, 2010- Day 73

 Every American knows that this day means. Our world has change so much since 9/11/01. Everyone knows where they were when it happened whether it was work or school or somewhere in between. Kim & I were in Ohio headed to the airport when the Towers were struck. If we'd been on an earlier flight, Kim and I would have been in the air during the attack. It is such a scary thought. 
 I was with Kim today and we drove past our local firehouse and saw the beautiful American flag waving proudly in the air. I've always wanted to stop and take a picture of the Rock Community Firefighters and today was the day I finally asked them. 
I noticed that people were lined up on Telegraph with American flags.  I got home to find out that Staff Sgt. James Ide V is being buried today in Jefferson Barracks Cemetery. Funeral services were held today for this solider killed in Afghanistan. He leaves behind a wife and two children. He was 32.
I want to thank these firefighters for allowing me to their picture. I also want to thank every firefighter, solider, and emergency personnel. Those who risk their life to keep me & every American safe, THANK YOU!!!!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!!!



 A bit of American pride. 
These made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers