Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 7, 2011- Day 311

I've been dreading this day. I've been sad for a while. I've stressed on how can I possible celebrate your life in one picture? How can I sum up 82 years of your life?
 Today is the day you left us Grandma- one year ago. I don't want to remember that. I want to celebrate your life. I want to remember your laugh and little chuckle. I want to remember how you gave the best hugs in the world and how you always made amazing cookies at Christmas. I want to remember how your eyes lit up when you took a bite of fudge or even when you were sick how you could still beat Kim and I at a card game. These and many more memories I will cherish. I've decided to share my favorite picture of my Grandma taken well before she was sick. This is how I will remember you.



I've also decided to also share a video. I made this for my Grandma's funeral. This is a celebration of her life.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Kelly, that was so beautiful. I have been thinking about her so much and what you wrote was precious. I miss her so very much but as I've said before, I find great comfort in the wonderful memories I have of her. I always thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world. Looking at these photos confirm it. I am truly blessed to have had her for a big sister. I hope you know what a blessing all of you were to her. Thanks again. Love, Aunt Berni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, this is beautiful!! I love that picture of her; she looks so happy and full of life. That's how I want to remember her too.

    ReplyDelete

Followers